Wednesday, August 12, 2009

its only right to throw your arms around it.


day three of my energy drink shake diet plan. I have been drinking two shakes to replace breakfast and lunch and then cooking a semi healthy gluten free dinner.

it's hard.
if i weren't
SO sore from working out it would almost seem worth it. we'll see come wedding day.

girls are crazy. we always try to make ourselves into some perfect version of ourselves and that's not who we were when we fell in love. I am just trying to look decent for pictures. mainly for myself, i don't wanna cry.




speaking of crying. Danny and i saw away we go two Sundays ago.
Ohmigod! I loved it. when is it out of DVD and when i can watch it over and over like i do "the strangers"?



I love how as the lights slowly came up and the credits rolled. My lovely fiance turned to me and said " i can't believe how much soda i drank... i have to piss... that ending was a little dragged out and shit i ate a lot of popcorn... ARE YOU CRYING???!?!?!?!?"

haha i was so embarrassed. But fuck it, it was a great movie.


then this last
Monday Aimee and I went to see Julie and Julia. oh gosh. another movie i loved!

I didn't even think
I'd like it. it looked a bit cheesy, but it was oddly easy to relate to my own life and problems i have had with obsessing over humans who only turn out to be human and not this perfect mold of exactly what i want to be.
too much pressure to be perfect for them, they don't know that if they twitter every fucking menial moment of their lives and
face book every second of everyday that their fans will have to view their lives and lyrics as much much less perfection than a 12 year obsession has previously led them to believe.

It did however make me want to enjoy every minute of my life, stop and smell the flowers, cook dinner at home every night, stare longingly at my fiance and understand how wonderful he is and how lucky i am. oh and i wanna go to Paris!

next i want to see 500 days of Summer and confirm my girl crush on zooey Deschanel.




2 comments:

dailycraft said...

Lauren! I just realized this is your blog! Yay! By the way... 500 Days of Summer... so cute!

jonna said...

Hey! I was just looking at the followers on our Anthro blog and realized 'callheraplum' was one. Oh snap! Hi!! Miss you!!! See ya Sept. 25!!