Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sinus Pressure can lead to blogging.

Thankfully we had set an appointment for the alarm system people to come out today and activate our service. Unfortunately I didn't know we had to have a land line before we could actually do that. So having my shift covered so I could be here for our 11am to 2pm block-- proved pointless, well almost pointless.

I have had a crazy stomach ache for going on three days now and last night the sinus pressure set in. I am not sure what the deal is... maybe the flu? either way I feel shitty and have been sleeping most of this otherwise beautiful day.

So as I occupy the sofa I remembered I hadn't had my gas service shut off at the old place. Once that task was complete-- what to do? what to do?? something that won't require much movement?? START A BLOG!!


I haven't had a blog since I was 18 and Jonna , Kelly and I had joint blog we used to talk shit about people and bands we knew. It was pretty fun. We kept it a secret from everyone we knew, which only made them want to know the address even more. I think we even sold a false blg address to Michael once. haha oh well.

This should be interesting, as well as a test to how lazy and unproductive my life is.

Some of my favorite blogs right now are my friend Annettes craft blog (daily-craft.blogspot.com) which is amazing. she is amazing. how she finds time to cook, craft, work and attend grad school is beyond me. If I work longer than 8 hours i feel as if my legs will fall off and I will never walk again.
The mates of state (band on the daiper run) is great too! cory posts from the road and tells charming stories of what its like to be a rocker and parent. I love it!
And of course, Kay Hanleys blog. Cause for me, old habits die hard.


So my blog, Wax-Myrtle, will be somewhere between craft- rock - and boring. I don't expect anyone to even really read this. That for me is a problem I think. which has led to the death of my livejournal. Having too many "friends" ( i use the term loosely) have access to my life without them is scary. I really don't have any connection with those former "friends" and always ended up locking my posts to private or deleteing the all together, just to keep my shit private. Although the truth is, i enjoyed blogging long ago, it felt good to get some things off my chest. In fact kind of miss it now.



things going on in my life right now:::
- we are finally in our new house and out of the old appartment. I will miss living in unit 7 in the clean and seemingly safe valley village. But will look forward to the space and freedom living in our noho house will bring.

- we got a DVR! I know, i know, We shouldn't watch so much tv, it will rot our brains. Whatever, it's fucking great! I have set to record the Knitting gritty for me since i ALWAYS miss it! I think it will inpsire me to start knitting again, or at least making things. Creative energy.

-I am getting a dog! I haven't had a dog since I lived in riverside. I love having pets! my cat Fattie, that i've had for over 15 years hasn't had a companion in years and isn't getting any younger. He is fun when he has a friend. At frist he will be moody, but that fades fast. Its just change, it takes time for all creatures to adjust.

Including me. I have hardly slept a full night since we've moved in here. Aside from the stress of moving, i am a freaking sleeper. sleep walker. panic attacks. you name it. I drive poor Danny crazy. If i am not passed out on the couch, i am really not resting much.
I feel safer now, knowing I can at least set our alarm to go off if anything happens, it just won't call the police until we get a land line.


So things to do:
find a new kitchen table
find bench for the porch ( i want wrought iron or metal)
Something like this: only i don't wanna pay $700 for one, i must search thrift shops and flea markets














I think my rite aid Sinus Pressure pills are kicking in. I feel a better and will try to clean up around here.

No comments: